Relief Work: The Ramakrishna Mission and Ramakrishna Math conducted several relief and rehabilitation operations during the year 2014-15. The total expenditure incurred on these was Rs. 6.34 crore (Rs. 6.23 crore in cash, and Rs. 0.11 crore in kind). Details of the operations are given below.
i) Primary Relief:
A sum of Rs. 3.69 crore (Rs. 3.58 crore in cash and Rs.0.11 crore in kind) was spent on primary relief operations to help 2,98,633 people of 1,18,845 families in 2640 villages.
ii) Rehabilitation Work:
- Antpur centre distributed 123 sets of weaving accessories, 55 sewing machines and 2 van rickshaws.
- The Headquarters, through its Dehradun centre, has undertaken construction of a new girls’ hostel building and postgraduate block in Agastyamuni, Uttarakhand, which were damaged by floods in June 2013. Construction work is underway.
- A night shelter for the poor and homeless constructed at Rohini, Delhi, by our Delhi centre was handed over to Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB).
- Malda centre distributed 2 sewing machines and 10 bicycles.
- Naora distributed 2 cycle rickshaws, arranged for the renovation work of three huts of poor families and also built a shed, 11 low-cost toilets and sunk a tube well in South 24 Parganas district.
- Narottam Nagar distributed 34 sets of tailoring kits.
- The following centres distributed sewing machines to the poor and needy; number of machines distributed by each centre is shown against its name: Chandipur – 4, Cherrapunjee – 15, Guwahati – 9, Khetri – 28, Narottam Nagar – 20, Porbandar – 16 and Rahara – 10.
A sum of Rs. 2.65 crore was spent on rehabilitation projects in the year 2014-15.