In the year under review, the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission had the following medical and allied units.
|Units||No. of Units||No. of Beds||In-Patients||Out -Patients||Break-up of Total Patients||Inmates /|
|Dispensaries (Ayurvedic & Others)||—||—||2,41,525||1,13,155||1,20,469||7,901||24,782||—|
|Mobile Medical Units||58||—||—||9,67,923||3,38,017||4,73,010||1,56,896||2,26,423||—|
|General Medical Camps||443||—||—||2,00,067||83,340||85,886||30,841||81,004||—|
|Other Medical Services||115||—||—||1,94,456||72,842||97,836||23,778||44,722||—|
|Old Age Home||4||—||—||—||87||99||—||—||186|
|Nurses’ Training institutes – Schools||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||358|
|Nurses’ Training institutes – Colleges||5||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||364|
|Institutes for Postgraduate Studies and Research||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||148|
|Institutes offering Paramedical Courses||2||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||234|
Specialized Medical Treatments
The following special treatments were provided by some of our centres through their hospitals, dispensaries, special programmes, camps, etc.
- Eye treatment was rendered by our centres at Bankura, Chennai Math, Dehradun, Delhi, Halasuru, Kamarpukur, Khetri, Porbandar, Rajkot, and so on, and at the hospitals in Kankhal, Lucknow, Muzaffarpur, Vrindaban, etc. Besides, many centres have a separate eye department attached to their dispensaries.
- Leprosy case detection and treatment was done by the headquarters (Belur Math) and our centres at Chennai (Math), Kamarpukur, Lucknow, etc.
- Maternity and child welfare services were provided by our hospitals in Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Thiruvananthapuram and Vrindaban and also by some dispensaries.
- Neurology department functioned at the hospitals in Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Varanasi, etc.
- Physiotherapy treatment was provided by the headquarters (Belur Math) and our centres at Bhopal, Ghatshila, Indore, Itanagar, Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Nagpur, New Delhi, Prayagraj, Shillong, Varanasi, Vrindaban, etc. The centres at Rajkot and Visakhapatnam have special clinics for providing physiotherapy treatment to cerebral palsied children.
- Psychiatry treatment was provided in our Itanagar, Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram and Vrindaban hospitals and also by some dispensaries.
- Tuberculosis cases were treated at the 200-bed sanatorium in Ranchi, the TB Clinic attached to Delhi centre as also by the headquarters (Belur Math) and our centres at Chennai (Math), Ichapur, Itanagar, Kamarpukur, Kankhal, Lucknow, Malda, Narainpur, Patna, Pune, etc.
Besides, many centres had special departments for dental surgery, ENT, cardiology, paediatrics, acupressure, acupuncture, etc. several centres provided ayurvedic treatment also.
In the eye camps, 9620 patients were operated on for cataract and 5460 of them were given spectacles free of all charges. In other specialized medical camps to deal with cases such as dental, ENT, cardio-diabetic, etc, 1,53,432 patients were treated. Further, 4346 units of blood were collected through 82 blood donation camps. The total expenditure incurred on medical work in 2018-19 was Rs. 292.27 crore.