Both the Ramakrishna Mission and the Ramakrishna Math have permanent programmes for service to women, the most important of which are mentioned below.
- Care for pregnant and lactating women through the maternity departments of our hospitals in Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Vrindaban, Thiruvananthapuram and also through other hospitals and clinics run by us.
- Old Age Home for women in Varanasi.
- Educational service to girls:
A large educational complex, exclusively for girls, run by Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Vidyalaya, Chennai, offering education to girls from the primary to the higher secondary level.
Higher secondary schools for girls run by Chennai Math and Chengalpattu centres.
High schools for girls run by Jamshedpur and Sarisha centres.
Apart from the above, there are co-educational schools of different grades under our centres in Aalo (Along), Coimbatore Mission, Chennai (T.Nagar), Kalady, Jayrambati, Bhubaneswar, etc. Besides, a Sanskrit co-educational school is functioning at Kalady.
4. Nurses’ Training Institutes attached to our hospitals in Itanagar, Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Thiruvananthapuram and Vrindaban.
5. Programmes for enhancing women empowerment by forming self-help groups, imparting vocational training and the like for making them self-reliant.