The following achievements of our students, staff and institutions of the Ramakrishna Mission in the year under review are worth mentioning:
- A team of five students of class-10 emerged as one of the national level winners in the Toycathon 2021, a contest held by the Innovation Cell under the Union Ministry of Education, for encouraging development of innovative toys and games.
- A team of five students of class-8 secured the seventh position in the state level National Children’s Science Congress (NCSC).
- A class-7 student of the Higher Secondary School (Main) of Chennai Mission Ashrama won a gold medal in Silambam (an Indian martial art) event in the Youth Games International Championship.
Two students of Chennai Sarada Vidyalaya were selected for Environmental Consciousness Programme jointly organised by US consulate and Rotary Club of Madras East.
- A BCom student secured, in his very first attempt, all-India second rank in the Professional Programme Examination to become a professional company secretary.
- The Vivekananda College celebrated its platinum jubilee with special worship and a small gathering.
- A second year BCom student achieved the Guinness World Record in the Longest Marathon Carrom for playing 50 hrs 53 min and 25 seconds.
- Received a Letter of Appreciation for COVID-19 relief activities from Member of Legislation Assembly, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Received the Appreciation Award from Bharathiar University for NIRF Ranking.
- The College of Arts & Science secured 20th, 51st, 119thand 139th ranks at National Level in the Best Colleges ranking system of “India Today-Marketing and Developmental Research Associates” in Social Work, Science, BCA and Commerce courses respectively.
- The faculty members of College of Arts and Science received the following recognitions:
- The Head of the Department of Computer Applications received “Vaccine Warrior” award from Rotary Club, Mettupalayam and “People’s Defender Award” from Aruvi Foundation, Sirumugai.
- An Assistant Professor of Mathematics was awarded “Proud Indian Iconic Academician of the year 2021” by Rathna Prasad Multidisciplinary Research & Educational Society, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- An Assistant Professor of Physical Education received “Orange World Record” award from Orange World Record, Coimbatore.
- An Associate Professor of Computer Application received “Active SPOC based on Performance & Participation Candidates” award from NPTEL and Swayam.
- The Head of the Department of Information Technology received “Certificate of excellence in reviewing” award from Indian Journal of Science and Technology International Digital Publications.
- An Assistant Professor of Maruthi College of Physical Education received ‘Yogacharya’ award in recognition of his achievements in the field of yoga from Tamil Nadu Yogasana Association.
- A student of 1styear DEEE was recognized with an entry in the Noble book of World Records for ‘Most number of semi contact karate middle punch and single stick silambam in one minute’.
Chennai Sarada Vidyalaya:
- A class-9 student won a Gold Medal in the World Boxing Championship & 1stPrize in boxing competition conducted by XR Boxing Club National Sports Academy, Saidapet, Chennai.
- Two students were selected for Environmental Consciousness Programme jointly organized by US Consulate and Rotary Club of Madras East.
- District Magistrate, Dehradun, presented the ‘Covid Warrior certificate’.
- The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand handed over ‘The Excellent Service Award Covid-19’.
- Director General Medical Health and Family Welfare, Uttarakhand issued the certificate of registration for performing Human organ/ tissue transplantation/ Retrieval of Human Tissue (Performing Keratoplasty – Corneal Grafting).
- 20 students secured top 10 positions in Santhal Pargana Division in CBSE class-10 Board Examination, which includes one student in the first position, and two students each in second and third positions.
- 27 students secured top 10 positions in the Deoghar district in the CBSE class-12 Board Examination, which includes the first position by one student.
- The toppers in class 10 and 12 CBSE board examinations were felicitated by the Deoghar District Administration.
- In JEE (Mains), 1 student scored above 99 percentile, 5 students more than 98 percentile, 14 students more than 95 percentile.
- Out of the eight students qualified in the NEET, three students scored more than 99 percentile, the rest have more than 97 percentile, the best score being 99.26.
- In the two Olympiads conducted by Silverzone Foundation, New Delhi, students bagged 13 gold medals, 11 silver medals and 10 bronze medals. Six of them obtained first ranks at the international level in these Olympiads.
- A class-7 student secured the first rank in the national level Sanskrit Olympiad conducted by Samskrita Bharati Educational Trust, Kovvuru, Andhra Pradesh.
Students of our Hatamuniguda school won 12 Gold medals, 4 Silver medals and 2 Bronze medals in a competition organised by Silver Zone Olympiad Foundation.
One student of our Jamshedpur school, became the state topper in the state Secondary Examination 2022, conducted by Jharkhand Academic Council.
Thirteen tribal students of our Jhargramschool were felicitated by the Chief Minister of West Bengal for their good academic record in class-10 and class-12.
The Tourism Department, Government of Rajasthan, designated the Ajit-Vivek Museum of Khetricentre as an ‘Iconic Monument and Heritage Tourist Destination’ in Rajasthan.
- A class-6 student secured the third prize in a painting competition conducted by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Thiruvananthapuram.
- A class-12 student received Gold Award in the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition conducted by the Royal Commonwealth Society, London.
- A class-12 student won the first prize in Kuchipudi, Kerala Dance, and Folk Dance categories in the International Dance Competition conducted by the All India Dance Association at Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- A class-12 student bagged the title ‘Mr Calicut’ in the 15-17 years category in the Kozhikode Body Building Competition.
- A class-12 student was selected for the Kerala State Cricket Under-16 Team.
- A class-12 student bagged the first prize in the state-level elocution competition conducted by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Government of India.
- A class-10 student was awarded the gold medal in the Kozhikode District Amateur Boxing Competition and was also selected for the State Level competition.
- A class-10 student was selected for the Kerala State Team of Throwball.
- An English teacher was awarded the ‘Poet of the Year’ award by Ukiyoto Publishing, Canada, for her poetry.
- A Social Science teacher was awarded Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial Teachers’ Award by the One India Kite Team, Kozhikode, Kerala.
Two students of our Lumdung school stood 3rd and 5th in the Arunachal Pradesh State Board Exam in 2021-22 for class-5.
A student of our Manasadwip school was awarded with B.R. Ambedkar Medha Puraskar.
Students of our Malda school secured the following ranks in an international competition organized by the Science Olympiad Foundation:
- A class-7 student secured the 2ndInternational Rank,
- A class-7 student secured 4thrank (International level) and 1st rank in zonal level,
- A class-10 student secured 6thrank (International level) and 3rd rank in zonal level.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka presented Amrita Mahotsava State Award to Mangalurucentre in recognition of the centre’s service activities.
Sri Sathya Sai University for Human Excellence, Karnataka, presented Sathya Sai Award for Human Excellence to Mumbai centre in recognition of its contribution to social welfare.
- Four students secured Swami Atmananda Medhavi Chhatra Protsahan Yojana awards for their outstanding performance in class-10 and class-12 exams in the academic years 2018-19 and 2019-20. Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, presented the awards.
- The centre was bestowed with Yati Yatanlal Samman for promoting non-violence and cow protection. The Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh presented the award.
- Students took part in different games conducted by the School Games Federation of India and won 18 gold, 9 silver and 11 bronze medals at the state level.
- The Vidyalaya secured the position of Best Performing School in Mathemazic, an inter-school mathematics contest held by Mayurakshi, a private company based in Kolkata.
- The Telegraph Education Foundation, Kolkata, presented the Award for Excellence in Academics to the Vidyalaya.
- Nine studentsof the Vidyalaya won Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship, 2021.
- Twelve students of the Vidyalaya received the Junior Scholarship Award, and four others obtained the Junior Encouragement Award in the Junior Scholarship Test, 2020, conducted by Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search, Kolkata.
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded A+ grade to the Residential College for five years.
- A trainee of Jan Shikshan Sansthan was awarded with the Nano-Entrepreneur Award by the Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India.
- The Vidyalaya received SOF Best Zonal Principal Award for 2020-21.
- A class-10 student who took part in Horizon 2100, an international online competition on scientific works conducted by the Center for Modeling the Future, Moscow, Russia, was awarded a diploma for designing a tiny rocket.
- A student was ranked 8thin the State Madhyamik Examination 2022.
- A student each of class-9, 11 and 8 was ranked 1st, 2ndand 3rd respectively in the Governor’s Cup and Medal Essay Writing Competition, 2021.
- A class-12 student stood first in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2021.
- A student was ranked 6thin the state Higher Secondary Examinaiton 2021.
- A student of zoology received the CUBE-CURE Kishore Bharati STEM Leadership award for 2021 from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai.
- A professor of Zoology deparment received the Lifetime Achievement Award, 2021 from Nature Mates-Nature Club, a Kolkata-based NGO.
Saradapitha: The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded the highest grade of A++ to Vidyamandira college, Saradapitha, Belur, for five years.
- The school received Shishu Mitra award from the Government of West Bengal.
- Dhanyaganga Krishi Vigyan Kendra received an award from Seed Association of Bengal for excellent performance in the seed sector. It also secured 1stposition in Farmers’ Fair organized by ICAR-NINFET.
Rotary Club Shillong Heritage presented Vocational Excellence Award to Shillong centre in recognition of the centre’s services to the community.
- A student secured the 11thposition in the secondary board exam and two students secured the 4th & the 6th position in the higher secondary board exam.
- Two students won the 1stprize in Project Presentation-YUVIKA 2022, and 3rd prize in quiz competition in YUVIKA-2022, both organized by ISRO.
A class-10 student of our Visakhapatnamschool became the state topper in boxing.
- The Vidyalaya was certified as a ‘Cyber Smart School’ by the NITI Aayog, Govt. of India.
- In the grading of Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) conducted by the Director General of Training, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India, the centre’s ITI bagged the first rank in the state.
- The ITI secured 1strank in Advance Robotic Competition 2021 conducted by the Dept. of Computer Science, NIT, Silchar.
- A class-8 student bagged the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship in Hindustani Music (Vocal), conducted by CCRT, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Students of the Vidyalaya participated in 6 Olympiads conducted by Silverzone Foundation, New Delhi, and secured 38 gold medals, 40 silver medals and 31 bronze medals.
- Students of the Vidyalaya won 2 gold medals in Sarabhai Student Scientist Award competition and 7 gold medals in All India Maths Science Talent Examination.
Vrindaban Sevashrama was awarded the ‘Cleanliest Hospital in Mathura District’ by Mathura-Vrindaban Municipal Corporation.
In the Independence Day celebrations, local government authorities honoured our Delhi, Shivanahalliand Thanjavur centres for their Covid relief activities.
The Government of West Bengal presented the Best School Awards to our schools at Narendrapur, Puruliaand Rahara Each school received a trophy, a citation and a sum of one lakh rupees.
Four of our degree colleges secured distinguished positions in the India Rankings 2021 announced by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Education, Government of India: the college under Saradapitha centre – 5th rank, under Rahara centre – 15th rank, under Narendrapur centre – 21st rank, and under Coimbatore Mission centre – 48th
The following achievements of our students, staff and institutions of the Ramakrishna Math in the year under review are worth mentioning:
- The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu presented Dr Radhakrishnan Award for excellence in teaching to the headmistress of the primary school of Chennai Math.
- The newly inaugurated extension to the Girls’ Higher Secondary School building of Chennai Math secured Gold rating under Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Green Schools Rating System.
Prabuddha Bharata, the English monthly published by Mayavati Advaita Ashrama, was included on the prestigious ‘Reference List of Quality Journals’ of UGC-CARE (University Grants Commission-Consortium for Academic Research and Ethics).
- The Vidyashala was recognized as one of the best institutions in the Karnataka-Goa NCC Directorate.
- In the Karnataka State Board 10thclass exams, Sri Ramakrishna Vidyashala was awarded the Quality Weightage Percentage as 97.74 by the State Board.
- An NCC cadet of the Vidyashala was adjudged the best cadet in the Mysuru NCC Group.