Important developments in the activities of the Ramakrishna Mission are given below under the following headings: (i) Educational Field, (ii) Medical Field, (iii) Rural Development Field, and (iv) New Buildings and Installations.
Aalo centre installed a water purification plant, 3 water tanks, renovated the dining hall to serve mid-day meals, installed 50 digital classrooms, 150 KVA solar plant, 1 transformer, and 63 solar street lights.
Asansol centre inaugurated a new laboratory.
Belagavi centre inaugurated a free reading room for students.
Chennai Mission Ashrama built classrooms on the second floor of the Higher Secondary School (South).
Coimbatore Mission inaugurated plumbing laboratory to its ITI.
Darjeeling centre started a free coaching centre for class-8 to class-10 students.
Dehradun centre started Vivekananda Abhyudaya Prakalpa unit with 40 students from class 8 to 10.
Gol Park centre introduced the Tibetan language course in its School of Languages.
Hatamuniguda centre set up a computer lab with 21 terminals.
Imphal centre constructed a secondary school building on its Uripok school campus.
Jamshedpur centre introduced BCA course under Kolhan University in its Vocational Training Centre at Sidhgora.
Jammu centre renovated its study centre.
Malda centre constructed a boundary wall around its primary school at Amrity.
Narainpur ashrama constructed a girls’ hostel building at its Kutul tribal development centre.
Narendrapur centre built an annexe to the school building of Blind Boys’ Academy.
Under the values education initiatives, New Delhi centre introduced a programme for parents and certain motivational programmes for corporates and professionals.
Rourkela centre started a smart classroom.
Sargachhi centre installed two water-purifier plants, and started a mini library for the teachers and non-teaching staff.
Seva Pratishthan centre inaugurated the School of Biological Sciences – a joint initiative with Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI).
Shivanahalli centre constructed a school building for the girls’ section.
Sohra centre: Introduced a certificate programme in Weaving-Tailoring units with the help of NECTAR. Conducted a solar trainers’ certification programme, short courses in plumbing in ITI and diploma courses.
Varanasi Home of Service:
- Produced five films in Hindi and one in Bengali, based on the stories told by Sri Ramakrishna.
- All are dubbed into English. Developed multimedia-based study materials in science (Hindi medium) for secondary school students.
- Inaugurated Vivek Sanjivani website with some specialised features like: free online examinations on Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology; e-Library with digital books of Ramakrishna-Vivekananda literature; 360-degree photo gallery.
Viveknagar, Agartala: An Examination Cell was inaugurated. The production cell of ITI started production of LED bulbs and LED tube lights.
- Purchased thyroid and audiometry machines.
- Constructed a patients’ waiting shed and a vehicle stand.
- Purchased a Specular Microscope, two Nidek Slit Lamps, Lumers 300 Surgical Microscope, IOL Master cabinet with autoclave – Ts.
- Purchased a 28-Seater bus, and an ambulance.
- Constructed the first floor of the dispensary building on its Chatribari campus
- Procured OPG machine for Dental Dept.
- Installed X-ray machine.
- A new MRI machine was installed.
- Foundation stone for the proposed 200-bed hospital was laid.
- Established a portable and modular PSA Oxygen plant of 500 LPM (litre per minute).
- Installed the following medical equipment: 7 Multipara Monitors and 2 Oxymeters, 5 Philips Goldway GS20 Monitors, 2 Ultimate Care 4000 Full Electricity ICU, 2 Resmed G II BPAP Model- Humidifiers, 5 Lumis 150 ST with TRI Pach Humidifiers, Oxygen pipeline system, 3 Bipap Lumis 150 sttri Pack, 5 ICU beds, 3 oxygen concentrators and 2 Fogging machines.
Kanpur centre purchased a van to conduct medical camps. Also, an ECG machine was purchased for dispensary.
Muzaffarpur centre installed the following equipment: Vitrectomy Phaco, Tonometer, Microscope OMS-90, Lensmeter CL-300, Plantech Operation Table OPTB-160 with DOS, Auto Kerato Refractometer, Sonomed USA A-Scan with Pachymeter Pacscan Plus-300, Diagnostic Audiometer and Tympanometer.
Porbandar centre purchased an exercise cycle & a diathermy machine for its physiotherapy unit.
Ranchi TB Sanatorium:
- Constructed a new 50-bed hospital building.
- Installed Oxygen Concentrators, Clinical Chemistry Analyzer, Automatic Bio-chemistry Analyzer, Fluorescence Immunoassay Analyzer, CPM Machine, ECG (3-Channel), Otoscope, Semi Automated Urine Chemistry Analyzer, Ultrasound Colour Doppler system, and a mobile X-ray machine.
- Purchased Semi Fowler Beds, two ambulance vans and one passenger van.
Sargachhi centre purchased a semi-automatic analyzer for its pathology laboratory.
Seva Pratishthan centre:
- Procured the following equipment: 1) Gastrointestinal Videoscope, 2) VIVID IQ Cardiovascular Ultrasound Equipment, 3) Valleylab Electrosurgical Generator, 4) Getinge Servo Universal Ventilator, 5) Harmonic Scalpel Equipment and 6) Vitros 5600 for Biochemistry Dept.
- Refurbished the mortuary unit.
- Set up a Cardiology Extension Ward.
- Installed two oxygen generator plants.
Sohra centre purchased ECG and USG machines, Electrolyte analyzer and Ichroma Immuno-analyzer for its dispensary.
Varanasi Home of Service centre:
- Constructed a new OT building.
- Purchased Harmonic & Diathermy, ETCO2 Monitors, Fowler Beds, Multipara Monitors, Operation Table, OT Light, Laser Detachable Kit Machine, and Online UPS for the new OT.
- Purchased a Real-time Micro PCR for Pathology, Bipap Machine & Ventilator, X-ray machine, and an additional Hemo-Dialysis Machine.
- Installed an additional Oxygen Generator Plant and CCTV cameras.
- Purchased CNS Central Station, ECG machine, Defibrillator, and ICU beds & Multipara Monitors for Emergency Ward.
- Installed a lift at OPD.
- Inducted Matri Seva, a real-time telemedicine database software.
Viveknagar centre, Agartala:
- Renovated the dispensary building.
- Started a dental department.
- Installed a new digital X-ray machine.
- Inaugurated the general ward (for men),
- Built the third floor of the nurses’ hostel.
Rural Development Field
Hatamuniguda centre built an underground water reservoir with a capacity of 1.5 lakh liters.
Mangaluru centre planted 400 saplings of different plants.
Mumbai centre inaugurated a new tailoring school for women. It also constructed a well.
Ramharipur centre started Sishu Bikash Prakalpa in different villages, under which three Sishu Siksha Bikash centres were set up.
Ranchi Morabadi centre:
- Launched Prabuddha Gram, a quarterly magazine on agriculture and rural development.
- Setup online class facilities in (i) Barwatoli, Angara, (ii) Lamkan, Bero, (iii) Soba, Burmu for children and farmers.
- Promoted organic farming by constructing 50 NADEP pits and 50 cattle flooring.
Ranchi TB Sanatorium centre purchased a Thresher (Wheat) machine.
Varanasi Home of Service centre:
- Started telemedicine services: Free consultation by doctors along with medicine distribution services in a few new rural sites.
- Started online values education classes for rural children to foster positive thinking.
- Started online science and communicative English classes at different Rural Telemedicine Units in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand for secondary level students.
New Buildings and Installations
Guwahati centre constructed a two-storey multipurpose building.
Indore centre constructed a building at its sub-centre in Omkareshwar.
A new students’ hostel building constructed on the Sakchi campus of Jamshedpur
Jhargram centre built new monks’ quarters.
Kanpur centre built Gadadhar Mandap for its GAP unit.
Khetri centre built a small shrine of the Holy Mother Sarada Devi in the precincts of the famous Savitri Temple at the top of a hill in Pushkar, Rajasthan, in memory of the Holy Mother’s visit to the temple in 1897. It also built a toilet block at a government school in Khetri.
Manasadwip centre constructed a two-storey building having a few rooms for office and monks’ residence.
Nabadwip centre built Swami Brahmananda Nivas (monks’ quarters).
- Inaugurated a few buildings and facilities on its main campus and Akabeda campus.
- Built living quarters for the medical staff of the centre’s mobile medical service in Rowghat of Chhattisgarh, a project launched in collaboration with Bhilai Steel Plant.
Rajamahendravaram centre built Nandananda Bhavan, the staff quarters.
Ramharipur centre built an extension to the monks’ quarters.
Swamiji’s Ancestral House built an auditorium complex comprising a large auditorium, a prayer hall, a seminar hall and a few living rooms for speakers and guests.
Vadodara centre built Swami Atmasthananda Bhavan comprising a dispensary and living quarters.
Villupuram centre built a new prayer hall and an assembly hall.
Important developments in the activities of the Ramakrishna Math are given below under the following headings: (i) Educational Field, (ii) Medical Field, (iii) Rural Development Field, and (iv) New Buildings and Installations.
Chennai Math: Built an extension to the Girls’ Higher Secondary School. Started Shashi Maharaj seva project under which free coaching classes were conducted.
Kalady Math reconstructed Ma Sarada Library at its sub-centre Muvattupuzha.
One Atal Tinkering Laboratory was established in Mysuru
Nattarampalli centre inaugurated a tuition centre and two tailoring training centres.
Rajkot centre built a students’ hostel on the second floor of a residential building. It also launched a mobile app named ‘Vivekananda Book World’ for promoting its Gujarati publications.
Ramanathapuram centre inaugurated a new English-medium school ‘Vivekananda Vidyalaya’ on the Nagachi campus.
Constructed a new building for ‘Ma Sarada Charitable Dispensary and Pathology Centre’.
Purchased an X-ray machine, a dental chair, a dental X-ray machine, physiotherapy equipment, a direct ophthalmoscope machine and a retinoscope.
Chennai Math purchased an eye pressure machine for its dispensary.
Nagpur centre purchased a dermatology machine.
Pune centre installed a PFT machine and a hematology analyzer.
Ponnampet centre purchased a digital printer for X-ray machine.
Shyamla Tal centre purchased a vehicle for the transportation of patients.
- Purchased two dental chairs and an operating microscope.
- Started the following new departments in its dispensary: Orthopedics, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, Ob/gyn, Psychiatry, Psychological Counselling and Paediatric Neurology.
Rural Development Field
- Chennai Math centre constructed a cowshed and a biogas plant in the Meyyur rural centre.
- Coimbatore Math centre started mobile medical service in the tribal village Gandavayal in Serumugai Panchayat.
New Buildings and Installations
- On the initiative of Almora centre, a statue of Swami Vivekananda was installed at the Government Inter College, Almora.
- Kalady centre built monks’ quarters.
- Mysore centre renovated Ramakrishna Kutira at BR Hills.
- Naora centre built Swami Trigunatitananda Bhavan having a kitchen, a dining hall, classrooms and monks’ quarters.
- Thanjavur renovated the Sri Ramakrishna Temple at the village centre.
- Yelagiri centre constructed a new building with a prayer hall and monks’ quarters.