Valedictory function of the centenary celebration of Prabuddha Keralam Monthly and the 15th All-Kerala Sri Ramakrishna Bhakta Sammelan were organized at Thrissur Math from 12th to 15th August with the participation of about 1000 devotees.
The year-long Prabuddha Keralam Centenary Celebrations which commenced with its inauguration in June 2015 has now come to an end after organizing district-level conventions in 14 districts of Kerala, a Sannyasi Sangamam participated by as many as 15 monastic Orders in Kerala, Release of Centenary Special Issue in Oct 2015, and the Release of a DVD that contains all issues of Prabuddha Keralam from Oct 1915 to Dec 2015.
Valedictory Function of the Centenary Celebration of Prabuddhakeralam Monthly
12 August, 2016 | Key Events
- Mahakavi Akkitham, a renowned Malayalam poet inaugurated the valedictory function which was presided over by Revered Srimat Swami Gautamanandaji Maharaj.
- Rev. Swami Golokanandaji Maharaj released a DVD which contains all issues of 100 years of Prabuddha Keralam by handing over its copy to Malayala Manorama Editorial Director Thomas Jacob.
- Well-known playback singer Madhu Balakrishnan sang devotional songs on the occasion.
- Prabuddhakeralam Editor Swami Nandatmajananda, Anil Akkara MLA, Higher Secondary Education Director Smt. M. S. Jaya IAS and Dr. T. V. Muraleevallabhan were among others who spoke on the occasion.
15th All-Kerala Sri Ramakrishna Bhakta Sammelan
13 to 15 August, 2016 | Key Events
YOUTH DAY (13 August)
- In the morning, Srimat Swami Gautamanandaji Maharaj hoisted the flag of Bhakta Sammelan near its venue and inaugurated the Sammelan by lighting the traditional lamp. He also delivered the benedictory address.
- Bhakta Sammelan committee chairman Sri. T. S. Pattabhiraman, committee general convener Sri N. Hareendran, Revered Swami Golokanandaji, Swami Mokshavratanandaji, Swami Bhadreshanandaji, Swami Swaprabhanandaji, Swami Sadbhavananda, Former Kerala Assembly Speaker Sri Terambil Ramakrishnan, Adat Grama Panchayat President Sri V. O. Chummar, and Bhakta Sammelan secretary Sri A. P. Bharat Kumar were among those who spoke on the occasion.
- In the afternoon session, Smt. Indira Krishnakumar, Swami Chaitanyanandaji Maharaj, Dr. N. Lakshmikumari, Dr. P. Gopikrishnan, Swami Swaprabhanandaji and Swami Vanishanandaji spoke on Swami Vivekananda.
WOMEN’S DAY (14 August)
- A ‘Guided Meditation’ was conducted by Swami Virabhadranandaji.
- In the morning session, Pravrajika Ajayaprana Mataji, a Trustee of Sarada Math spoke. Matajis from various Sarada Math centres also spoke on the occasion.
- In the afternoon session, Swami Bodhaswarupanandaji, Swami Virabhadranandaji, Swami Akshayatmanandaji, Dr. Jayaprakash, Prof. P. R. Harikumar and Prof. S. Radhakrishnan were among those who spoke.
CLOSING CEREMONY & YATIPUJA (15th August)
- Bhakta Sammelan president Sr. P. V. Rajeswari welcomed the gathering.
- Srimat Swami Abhiramanandaji Maharaj delivered the presidential address.
- Sri Manoj Manayil, MD of Janam TV, was given the first Sri Ramakrishna Seva Puraskaram.
- A Souvenir published as part of the Bhakta Sammelan was released by Rev. Swami Swaprabhananda by handing over a copy to Swami Sadbhavananda.
- Devotees performed Yatipuja which was attended by more than 30 monks.
- Srimat Swami Abhiramanandaji Maharaj handed over the Flag of Bhakta Sammelan to Sri Karthikeyan who would lead the 16 All-Kerala Bhakta Sammelan to be held next year in Aluva.