Ramakrishna Kutir, Almora, organized a month-long programme to celebrate the 125 years of Swami Vivekananda’s return from the West, and the foundation of the Ramakrishna Mission, from 5 May to 3 June, 2023.
The programme consists of :
- Classes on Atmabodha of Sri Shankaracharya by Swami Atmashraddhananda ( 1 week);
- Classes on Kathopanishad by Swami Vedanishthananda (1 week);
- Spiritual Retreat (3 days);
- Bhajan Sandhya;
- Discourses on Sri Ramacharit Manas, Bhagavad Gita, Sister Nivedita;
- Competition for students of 33 schools and colleges of Kumaon ( 15 days);
- Cultural Programme by students of 40 schools and colleges (15 days);
- Seminars at Army Public School, Sharada Public School, G B Pant University, Government Nursing College, Government Inter College, Government Medical College, Soban Singh Jeena University, in Almora (11 days);
- Vivekananda Marg Parikrama : Visit to the places in Uttarakhand blessed by Swami Vivekananda (Almora, Kakrighat, Kasar Devi, Patal Devi, Mornaula, Matavati, Shyamlatal, Tanakpur, Bhramadev Temple, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Rajpur and Dehradun). In this connection discourses were held at Mayavati, Kankhal and Dehradun ashramas, and a Youth Convention at Tanakpur.
On this occasion, the Almora ashrama launched their new website (https://almora.rkmm.org/)
Revered Swami Suhitananda ji Maharaj, Vice-President, Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, arrived on 23 May 2023 at the Almora ashram on this occasion. On 24 May 2023, Revered Suhitananda ji Maharaj inaugurated the Ram Maharaj Smriti Bhojan Kaksha (dining hall), laid the foundation stone of Vivekananda Bhavan, launch the new website of Almora, released a book in Hindi “Jnanavriksha Ka Punrutthan”and released a documentary “Footsteps of Swami Vivekananda Ji in Devbhoomi Uttarakhand.”
A Sadhu Sammelan and a sadhu bhandara was held on 24 May 2023.
Srimat Swami Suhitananda ji Mj and Shri Bhagat Singh Kosiyari ji former Chief Minister of Uttarakhanda and Governor of Maharashtra, laid the foundation stone of Swami Vivekananda Dwar on 25 May 2023.