Kerala: Our centres continued relief operations among the families affected by the devastating floods that had hit the state in the month of August. Details of the further operations are given below.
- Haripad centre distributed 6000 notebooks, 3600 pens and 360 geometry boxes among 1474 students in Alappuzha and Thiruvananthapuram districts from 11 November to 18 December.
- Koyilandy centre distributed 78 saris among 39 flood-affected families in Kozhikode district on 26 December.
- Thiruvalla centre distributed 76,810 notebooks, 10,225 geometry boxes, 35,770 pens and 584 T-shirts among 15,017 students and 95 sets of utensils (each set containing a pressure cooker, 2 pots, 5 plates, 2 cups, 3 tumblers, 5 spoons and a ladle) among 95 flood-affected families in Alappuzha, Kottayam and Pathanamthitta districts from 12 October to 10 December.
The Headquarters (Belur Math), through Kochi centre, has undertaken rehabilitation work by constructing 9 anganwadis (rural childcare centre) in Alappuzha district.
Tamil Nadu: In the wake of the devastating cyclone ‘Gaja’, Chennai Mission distributed 18,400 kg rice, 3250 kg dal, 1890 litres oil, 526 kg tea leaves, 1034 kg milk powder, 3100 kg sugar, 3050 packets of biscuits, 2030 saris, 2370 lungis, 977 bedsheets, 224 cooking vessels, 1018 mats, 5232 mosquito-coils, and 735 emergency lights among 1874 families in Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur and Thanjavur districts from 23 November to 11 December.
- Arunachal Pradesh: In a fire accident on 6 January in Deomali market area in Tirap district, 6 shops had been completely burned down. Narottam Nagar centre distributed, on the day of the accident, 14 blankets, 14 sweatshirts, 7 shirts and 14 trousers among 6 affected families.
2. Meghalaya: In a fire accident in Shillong on 12 January, 5 houses had been completely burned down. Shillong centre distributed 125 kg rice, 27 sweaters, 11 jackets, 18 shirts, 15 trousers, 19 tops, 16 sets of salwar-kameez (ladies dresses) and 54 blankets, among the 5 affected families on 16 January.
3. Odisha: In response to a fire accident at Gohalia village in Bhadrak district on 14 January, in which 14 huts had been burned down, Kothar centre distributed 200 kg rice, 50 kg dal, 150 kg potatoes, 50 kg onions, 4 kg garlic, 11 kg edible oil, 84 litres kerosene oil, 102 packets of biscuits, 56 matchboxes, 14 sets of utensils (each set containing a karahi, a handi, a ladle, a spoon, a mug, and a bucket), 14 lungis, 14 saris, 14 other ladies’ garments, 14 mosquito-nets, 14 torches and 14 mats among the 14 affected families from 16 to 21 January.
The following centres distributed, under self-employment programme, various items shown in brackets, to poor and needy people in their respective areas:
- Khetri (104 sewing machines on 9 December),
- Rahara (6 sewing machines, 6 cycle rickshaws and 4 rickshaw van on 28 December) and
- Comilla, Bangladesh (1 sewing machine on 28 December).
This year, 61,790 blankets and 1,41,842 winter garments are being distributed among the poor and needy people, through 117 of our branch centres in different parts of the country.
Click to view more photos in Google Photos :
Almora | Barisha | Belgavi | Chandigarh | Gadadhar Ashrama | Ghatshila | Guwahati | Imphal | Jaipur | Jalpaiguri | Jammu | Jayrambati | Kailashahar | Katihar | Kamarpukur | Khetri | Malda | Manasadwip | Mysuru | Silchar | Srinagar | Vrindaban
(i) To extend a helping hand to poor and needy people, 14 of our centres in different parts of the country have served 600 plates of cooked food and distributed 280 kg rice, 70 kg dal, 98 kg assorted condiments, 28 kg vegetable oil, 140 coconuts, 140 sugarcanes, 57 packets of baby food, 94 packets of snacks, 2 flasks, 280 pots, 1280 saris, 235 dhotis, 110 lungis, 82 chaddars, 124 shawls, 140 children’s garments, 267 bedsheets, 918 mosquito-nets, 3391 notebooks, 47 drawing books, 494 pens, 47 toothbrushes, 47 tubes of toothpaste, 47 phials of oil, 47 jars of cream and 235 pouches of shampoo among poor and needy people during the month of January.
(ii) In the current year (2018-19), new adult garments donated to us by ITC Ltd. are being distributed among the poor and needy under the Garments Distribution Programme. ITC Ltd. has donated nearly 3.61 lakh garments (2,03,937 shirts/T-shirts, 1,57,017 trousers) to 85 of our branch centres.
Click to view Photo Gallery in Google Photos :