Important developments in the activities of the Ramakrishna Mission and Ramakrishna Math in 2019-20:
Aalo centre built a school building, set up a new stage in the auditorium and started a geography laboratory.
Antpur centre started a vocational training programme.
Chennai Students’ Home started a skill development centre to train students in the field of mechanical, automobile and computer engineering.
Coimbatore Math centre built a coaching centre.
Coimbatore Mission centre:
- Started a cultural and heritage centre.
- Started an isokinetic laboratory in its College of Physical Education to give training to sportsmen.
- Started an incubation centre in its Arts and Science College to create an industrial working environment in the college.
- Started a master’s degree course in Data Science.
Kadapa centre built a second floor of the school building and set up a science laboratory in the high school.
Kalady centre added a new division in its primary and higher secondary school and renovated the mid-day meal kitchen.
Kozhikode centre started a kindergarten and a computer laboratory in its school.
Manasadwip centre added second floor to its school building.
Narendrapur centre added a laboratory building to its Vidyalaya.
Narottam Nagar centre renovated its primary school building.
Rahara centre built a classroom and a kitchen-cum-dining hall for an ICDS (Integrated Child Development Service) project at Sherpur (Bongaon) in North 24 Parganas district.
Ranchi Morabadi centre:
- Started skill development courses in the fields of yoga instructor, AC technician and electrician.
- The Government of Jharkhand nominated the centre to start a ‘Value-based Multi Skill Development Training Course’ under the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) for minorities.
Baghbazar centre added an ophthalmic refraction unit, automated immune assay analyser, ultrasound scanner and high pressure liquid chromatograph to its dispensary.
Barisha centre started an allopathic dispensary.
Kankhal centre added an operation theatre complex, ICU, surgical ward, dialysis unit and CT scan facility to its hospital.
Lucknow centre set up a digital cath lab, a modular labour room, a 64-slice CT scan & ultrasound equipment and a pathology collection centre.
Manasadwip centre built a new dispensary building.
Seva Pratishthan added 58 beds to the hospital, the Apheresis Procedure for Single Donor Platelet (SDP) to the blood bank and refurbished and rearranged the wards in Fatehpuria, Jogin Ma and Golap Ma buildings. The buildings are now connected with a walkway.
Vrindaban Sevashrama added a state-of-the-art Sarada block to its hospital which is built as per NABH standards and contains MRI and CT scan facilities, two modular operation theatres and a cancer ward.
The following centres added medical equipment, mentioned against their names, to their dispensaries/hospitals:
- Asansol: An auto analyzer in pathology unit.
- Chapra: An Automated Hematology Cell Counter Machine.
- Itanagar: Bubble CPAP, Skin meshgraft, Laparoscope, Orthopantogram, syringe pumps and station e-40 skills.
- Jayrambati: ECHO colour Doppler USG machine and biochemistry analyser.
- Kankurgachhi: Dental panoramic X-ray machine, smart dental chair, X-ray endomotor, Protaper Gold and Proglider tools for root canal, eye instrument of slit lamp LED, indirect ophthalmoscope Volk lenses, ENT instruments, Hb1Ac blood test machine, and electrolyte analyser.
- Lucknow: Haemodialysis Machine Model (Dialog+ HDF online), Agilia SP Syringe Infusion Pump, Carestation 30 Anesthesia Workstation Model, LPH Semi-Automatic Reverse Osmosis Plant, Stryker Micro Drill System, Truelab Real Time PCR System, Savina 3000 Ventilator System and Renatron II 100 Series Dialyzer Reprocessing Machine.
- Mumbai: A sterilizer, Phaco-emulsification machine, Optical Coherence Tomography unit (3D OCT-1 Maestro2), Digital X-ray, Drager Savina ICU Ventilator, Laparoscopic camera with monitor, cautery & generator, OT lights and colour doppler machine.
- Pune: A Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) machine.
- Seva Pratishthan: Alphairrigation pump, EMS Swiss Lithoclast II, Telescope for urology, Swiss LithoVac High flow Insufflator, Electro hydrolic operation table, Dental implant system, Foetal monitor and C-arm image intensifier system.
- Shillong: An ultrasound machine.
Rural Development Field
Narainpur centre held a kisan mela in which 4500 farmers took part.
Ranchi Morabadi centre:
- Under the Seed Village Programme, which trained the farmers of 25 villages in necessary skills to produce quality seeds, 300 quintals of paddy seeds, 65 quintals of Nizer seeds and 60 quintals of horse-gram seeds were produced.
- For promoting organic farming, 65 units of NADEP compost tanks, 56 Azolla tanks and 650 drums were distributed to farmers of 5 villages.
- 644 acres of fallow land was brought under cultivation in 35 villages.
- 453 youths from 90 villages of Khunti, Latehar, Lohardaga and Ranchi districts were trained in apiculture and provided with items like bee boxes, stand, bee colonies, feeder, sulphur powder and sugar.
- Divyayan Krishi Vigyan Kendra celebrated its golden jubilee by organizing an alumni meet, a seminar on ‘Regeneration of Rural India’ and release of a commemorative volume.
Sargachhi centre (through its Krishi Vigyan Kendra):
- Conducted five On Farm Trials (OFT) on 55 farms.
- Conducted training programmes on agriculture and allied technologies in which 3396 farmers took part. Also arranged soil health camps, farm science club meet and mahila mandals which benefitted, in all, 7637 people.
- Produced 447 quintals of seeds, 86,000 planting materials, 474 livestock and 2.7 million fingerlings.
- Published 4 research papers and several technical reports, articles and leaflets.
- Provided training to 690 people in treating simple disorders/injuries in animals.
New Buildings and Installations
Aalo centre installed a solar plant.
Antpur centre built five toilet blocks.
Barisha centre built two toilet blocks and a drinking water system.
Bhubaneswar centre built a toilet block for visitors, and Nivedita Hall above its library building.
- Built Swami Yatishwarananda Hall.
- Built Swami Tapasyananda Hall for conducting welfare programmes among leprosy-afflicted persons.
- Started, at Vivekananda House, a 4D virtual reality film show on Swami Vivekananda’s wanderings in India.
Garbeta centre built a dining hall for the children of its non-formal school.
Jhargram centre built the second floor of the boys’ hostel and an assembly-cum-prayer hall.
Kanpur centre installed a fibreglass statue of Swami Vivekananda at its school and built the first floor of Vijnanananda Sadhu Nivas.
Koyilandy Math built a multipurpose hall.
Lucknow centre built a multipurpose building at its sub-centre in Ayodhya.
Narainpur centre constructed girls’ hostels at its tribal development centres in Akabeda and Kundla villages.
Narottam Nagar centre built a dining hall.
New Delhi centre:
- Added a digital section to its public library.
- Added exhibits based on virtual reality and augmented reality to its Vivekananda Exhibition.
Pala centre built a new library building for its Sanskrit college.
Ramharipur centre built a guesthouse.
Thiruvananthapuram centre renovated Sri Ramakrishna temple at its sub-centre in Nettayam.
Varanasi Home of Service extended the monks’ quarters and constructed a building for the residence of doctors/inmates.
Swachchha Bharat Abhiyan
Our centres took an active part in the Swachchha Bharat Abhiyan (a cleanliness campaign launched by the Government of India). The following activities were conducted:
Jaipur centre held a cleanliness drive in its neighbourhood.
Kamarpukur centre conducted 5 cleanliness drives at Kamarpukur
Mangaluru centre conducted the following activities:
- 26 cleanliness drives in Mangaluru city in which thousands of volunteers participated.
- Cleanliness drives in many villages of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts.
- Spread awareness about cleanliness among 9090 households in the city and among 13,000 students in Dakshina Kannada district.
- Performed magic shows on cleanliness theme at 99 schools in Udupi district.
- Conducted cultural competitions and workshops in 236 schools in which 23,736 students participated.
- Held 2 seminars in colleges which were attended by 1350 youths.
- Guided 130 schools to observe Cleanliness Day in which 13,000 children took part.
Ranchi Morabadi centre undertook various cleanliness & awareness programmes.
Salem centre conducted a special programme for sanitation workers of Salem Municipal Corporation.