The following achievements of our students, staff and institutions in the year under review are worth mentioning:
South Kolkata Sports & Cultural Association conferred Seva Brati Award on the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission in recognition of the twin organizations’ contribution to society.
GCS International, Seoul, South Korea, presented a plaque of appreciation to the Ramakrishna Mission in recognition of its efforts for the promotion of world peace.
By virtue of the excellent grade points scored in NAAC assessments, the University Grants Commission (UGC) selected RKMVERI (deemed university), the College of Education (of Coimbatore Mission Vidyalaya) and the Sikshanamandira (of Saradapitha centre) as Mentor Institutions for helping other higher education institutions to improve their quality and get NAAC accreditation.
Four of our degree colleges secured good positions, as stated below, in the all-India rankings for the year 2019 announced by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India: Vivekananda Centenary College (Rahara) – 8th rank, Vidyamandira (Saradapitha) – 11th rank, Residential College (Narendrapur) – 15th rank and Science and Arts College (Coimbatore Mission) – 59th
The University Grants Commission (UGC) extended the autonomous status of Vivekananda College of Chennai Vidyapith for 10 years.
Vivekananda Centenary College of Rahara centre was recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
A student of Deoghar Vidyapith was awarded the prestigious Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship for 2019 another student of Deoghar Vidyapith stood first in the Silverzone Olympiad of Science while another student stood second in the contest conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation.
A student of Imphal school received the Best Student Award in the state-level Mathematics & Science Competition conducted by Don Bosco Alumni. Ninety-nine other students of the school secured the top ten positions in the competition.
A tribal student of Jhargram school secured admission to the Indian Institute of Technology, Patna.
A student of Kalady centre stood first in Biology group in the higher secondary board exams of the state.
The higher secondary school of Kozhikode centre stood second in the national level Eco-club programme of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, for its environmental awareness and educational activities.
Mayavati Ashrama was felicitated by Dr Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, a central university in Madhya Pradesh, for the Ashrama’s exemplary role in spreading the message of Advaita Vedanta through its publications.
The NCC unit of Mysuru Vidyashala received the Best Institution Award (Junior Division ‒ Boys) for the year 2018-19 from the NCC Directorate ‒ Karnataka & Goa.
- Won the Best School Award in an inter-school mathematics contest held by Mayurakshi company, Kolkata.
- Won the Best School Award for the excellent performance in the Junior Scholarship Test 2019, conducted by Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search, Kolkata. 22 students received the Junior Scholarship Award and 3 students received Junior Encouragement Award.
- Stood first in the state-level mathematics contest conducted by Bidhannagar Municipal School, Kolkata, in collaboration with the Calcutta Mathematical Society.
- Seven students of Narendrapur Vidyalaya were awarded the prestigious Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship for 2019.
- The under-14 and under-17 football teams of the school won the state-level Subroto Cup Football Tournament held at Janjgir-Champa. The school also won the overall champions trophy.
- Two girls of the school stood first in the state-level Children Science Congress held in Raipur.
Two students of Narottam Nagar centre won the district-level Saksham Quiz Competition conducted by Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA), Government of India.
- The School Education Department, Government of West Bengal, presented the Best School Award to the High School.
- Two students won Junior Scholarship Award and one student won Junior Encouragement Award in the Junior Scholarship Test 2019, conducted by Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search, Kolkata.
Ranchi Morabadi centre:
- Divyayan Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) of Ranchi Morabadi centre was adjudged the best KVK at the national level by Outlook Hindi, a fortnightly magazine. Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare presented a memento to the KVK.
- Ranked first in achieving the target of water conservation under the three-year-long Integrated Watershed Development Programme (IWDP) of NABARD, sponsored by the Government of Jharkhand.
RKMVERI (deemed university):
- Was categorized as a Grade-I institution by UGC. This categorization facilitates the university’s initiatives such as opening off-campus centres and starting distance learning programmes.
- Was nominated as a mentor institute by the Government of Jharkhand for all non-accredited higher education institutions in Jharkhand to help them excel in NAAC accreditation.
- Three students of the Sanskrit Department of Belur campus won three medals – gold, silver and bronze – in the national level Sanskrit competitions conducted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi.
- Four students of the Sanskrit Department of Belur campus, won prizes in the national level Bhagavad Gita memorization contest held in Sringeri by Dakshinamnaya Sri Sharada Peetham.
- The under-19 Indian Kabaddi team in which a student of General & Adapted Physical Education and Yoga (GAPEY) faculty of Coimbatore campus was a part, won the Indo Nepal Championship. Another student of the said faculty won first prize in above-18 karate championship.
- An associate professor in the physics department of RKMVERI (deemed University), Belur campus, was appointed a Regular Associate of the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy.