Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Salem, is continuing the COVID-19 relief services to the affected families due to the lockdown.
The Ashrama has distributed dry ration kit nd sanitary and hygiene items to 8890 families in and around Salem district and cooked food served to 3400 people from 26 March to 25 May.
Dry Ration Kit Distribution:
Rice – 3216 Kg, Dal – 15770 Kg, Edible Oil – 5954 Litre, Green Moong Dal / Red Chola -9344 kg, Wheat Powder -10580 kg, Rava – 10945 kg, Sugar -721 kg, Salt – 10667 kg, spices – 8940 kg, Biscuits – 20030 packets, Peanut Burfi – 10050 packets, Water bottles – 11250 litre, mixed Vegetables – 1272 kgs to 8890 families in and around Salem district and cooked food served to 3400 people from 26 March to 25 May.
Sanitary and Hygiene Items:
Bathing soap and Washing soap – 16248 bar, Dish wash soap – 7295, face masks – 8811 nos, Hand gloves – 2660 sets to 8890 families in and around Salem district from 26 March to 25 May 2020.
View Album in Google Photos
The ashrama has distributed grocery and hygiene kits from 10 to 13 April 2020 :
- 9 sets of groceries and hygiene kits has been distributed among 9 families (migrants from Andhra Pradesh, people who earn their living from street shows) at Kandampatti . The kits contain : Rice – 10kgs, cooking oil -2 ltr., Thoor dhall -1 kg, Rava – 1kg. etc.
- The ashrama honored 300 Home Guards of Salem, for rendering excellent service to the society during the crucial lockdown period. The ashrama has handed over the groceries and hygiene kits to them, in the presence of Superintendent of Police, Salem Rural.
- 200 sets of groceries and hygiene kits has been distributed to daily wage earners in and around Ramakrishna Road.
- 52 sets of groceries and hygiene kits distributed to 52 persons (Migrants from Orissa – Construction workers) at Kondappanaickenpatti (Wheat flour – 1kg, Thoor dhall – 1kg, Bathing soap -1 nos, vegetables -1 kg etc.)
- 490 sets of groceries and hygiene kits has been distributed to 490 families at Pudur (140 families), Vattakaddu ( 235 families ) and Sanitary staff (50 persons) and Kutuvampatti – 65 families (Tribal villages at the foothills of Yercaud Hill).
On 7 April 2020 the ashrama has distributed 73 sets of ration kits and hygiene kits for 73 families (Migrants from Bihar – daily wage earners) at Reddiyur.
Each ration kit conatins : rice – 4kgs, wheat flour – 2kgs, Toor dal – 1kgs, Bathing soap -2 nos, vegetables -5 kgs.
The ashrama also handed over provisions’ items and vegetables to two Old Age Homes (Henry’s Old Age Home and Missionaries of Charity for women) at Mittapudur. A total of 125 inmates benefited.
The ashrama handed over 5250 ltr. water bottles (1 ltr. bottle) to the Superintend of Police, Salem for use by the Police Department who are controlling law and order at various places in and around Salem Rural.
On 6 April 2020 the ashrama has distributed 125 sets of ration kits and hygiene kits to 125 families (daily wage earners) at Chegkaradu – 95 families and Thekkampatti – 30 families. Each ration kit contains : Rice – 3kgs, cooking oil -1 ltr., Toor dal -1 kg, Urad dal – 0.5 kg.
The ashrama also handed over 6000 ltr. water bottles (1 ltr. bottle) to the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Salem for use by the Police Department who are controlling law and order at various places in and around Salem city.
The ashrama has distributed 200 sets of ration kits and hygiene kits to 200 families (daily wage earners) from 03 April 2020 to 05 April 2020 (Pudur Kallanguthur – 170 families, and Odachakarai – 30 families).
Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Salem, has started relief services in the wake of lockdown owing to COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The Ashrama is providing lunch for 100 sanitation workers of Salem Corporation Ward No: 12, 14,15,16,17. The Group leaders came and collected the Sambar Rice.
There were phone calls from Sugar / BP Patients of the Ashrama Dispensary requesting medicine for one month and so the Ashrama is distributing Sugar / BP medicines at very low charges those from 8.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. adhering to the instruction of social distancing. Two staff members help in this distribution. The Dispensary gate is closed, the medicines are being distributed through OP counter from Monday 23 March 2020.
On 28 March 2020, the Ashrama has given 400 sets of Hand gloves to the Sanitary Inspector.