On 16 July 2018 at 3.00 pm at the hamlet of Periyanayagipuram in Tiruvarur Dist, there was an accidental electrical short circuit. 43 thatched houses were razed by a raging fire fueled by the seasonal wind. Within 1 hour it spread to adjacent huts and luckily being daytime women and children had time to run out leaving behind all their belongings as the gas cylinders started bursting. Our Chennai Math centre immediately took up the Primary Relief Work. Relief materials worth around Rs. 4 Lakhs were distributed to the victims.