Three-day Teachers Training Workshop was organized by Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Gwalior, from 26 to 28 June 2017. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Union Minister of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Drinking Water, Sanitation and Swaccha Bharat Abhiyan, Govt. of India, inaugurated the Workshop. Hon’ble Minister was the Chief Guest.
Shri S N Rupala (IAS), Divisional Commissioner Gwalior Division was the Guest of Honor. Special Guests were Swami Kamalananda Ji Maharaj Krishnayan, Haridwar, Prof. J P Verma Director, Laxmi Bai Institute of Physical Education (Deemed Sports University), Dr. Deepak Kr Pandey Dep. Director School Education, Govt of M.P., Shri Sanjay Bhansali Director Emeralled Industries, Delhi.
Resource Persons for the Teachers Training Workshop were :
1. Shri Prashant Pandurang Divekar, Center In Charge , W. N. Dandekar Teachers Training Center Jnana Prabodhini, Pune.
2. Dr. Surendra Chandrakant Thakurdesai, Associate Professor and Head Department of Geography, Head, Department of Rural Development. He is also a Jnana Prabodhini volunteer and alumni, coordinates JP extension activities, Department of Geography, Gogate – Jogalekar College, Ratnagiri.
Apart from the Teachers Training Workshop, the following units of Ramakrishna Vidya Mandir were inaugurated by Hon’ble Minister :
1. “Billey Kidzy”, a reinvented pre-primary section of Ramakrishna Vidya Mandir (CBSE) Gwalior.
2. Incubation Center, specially set up to promote the interest of student in Skilling India.
3. Career Counseling Cell.
4. Psychological Help Cell for students, teachers and parents.
5. Yoga/Meditation Hall.
6. SUPW Unit, (Socially Useful Productive Work)
7. Music Room
8. Sports Room
Hon’ble Minister also distributed prizes to 21 students of class XII who have scored more than 90% marks in CBSE Exam, and to nine students of class X who scored more than 9 CGPA.