Both the Mission and the Math have permanent programmes for service to women, the most important of which are mentioned below.
- Care for pregnant and lactating women through the maternity departments of our hospitals in Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Vrindaban, Thiruvananthapuram and also through some of our other hospitals and clinics.
- Old Age Home for women in Varanasi and Kolkata (Barisha).
- Educational service to girls:
- A large educational complex, exclusively for girls, run by Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Vidyalaya, Chennai, offering education to girls from primary to higher secondary level.
- Higher secondary schools for girls run by Chennai Math and Chengalpattu centres.
- High schools for girls run by Jamshedpur and Sarisha centres.
- Apart from the above, there are co-educational schools of different grades under our centres in Aalo, Bhubaneswar, Chennai (Mission Ashrama), Coimbatore (Mission), Jayrambati, Kalady, etc. Besides, a Sanskrit co-educational school is functioning at Kalady.
- Nurses’ Training Institutes attached to our hospitals in Itanagar, Kolkata (Seva Pratishthan), Lucknow, Thiruvananthapuram and Vrindaban.
- Women empowerment programmes by forming self-help groups, imparting vocational training and other such activities undertaken by a number of Math and Mission centres.