The following achievements of our students, staff and institutions of the Ramakrishna Mission in the year under review are worth mentioning:
Bhubaneswar: The centre’s high school won the Best School Award and received a cash prize of one lakh rupees and a citation.
Chennai Sarada Vidyalaya:
- In a speech competition conducted by a Chennai-based organization, a class 10 student secured the first position at the zonal level and the third position at the state level.
- A class 11 student, won the first prize in the English essay writing competition conducted by Ramakrishna Ashrama, Rajkot.
- The Headmaster of TAT Kalanilayam Middle School of the Vidyalaya received the Dr. Radhakrishnan Award (Best Teacher Award) from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- An Assistant Professor of Maruthi College of Physical Education of the Vidyalaya received the Yogacharya Award by Tamil Nadu Yogasana Association in recognition of his achievements in the field of Yoga.
- An Assistant Professor of College of Arts and Science of the Vidyalaya received the Best Outstanding Young Researcher Award by Kamarajar Institute of Education and Research, Theni.
- The Vidyapith secured the first position in Swachh School Pratiyogita conducted by Deoghar Municipal Corporation under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Three students, who secured the first, second and third positions in CBSE class-10 examination in the state of Jharkhand, received certificates of appreciation and cash awards of one lakh rupees, seventy-five thousand rupees and fifty-thousand rupees respectively from the Chief Minister of Jharkhand.
- A student got an increment of 10 marks in CBSE class-10 examination and became a joint topper from the state of Jharkhand.
- A class 12 student secured the first position in the WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) in Engineering stream.
- Three students scored more than 99 percentile and 14 students more than 95 percentile in JEE Main Examination.
- Five students scored more than 95 percentile in NEET-UG (All India Medical Entrance Test).
Kankhal Sevashrama was presented a certificate of recognition by Nagar Nigam of Haridwar for its contribution towards making Haridwar clean and green. It also stood first among the healthcare facilities in Haridwar.
Karimganj centre was presented Chief Minister’s Best Community Action Award for Development by the Office of the Deputy Commissioner, Karimganj.
Malda centre’s Higher Secondary School was presented the Best School Award by the Directorate of School Education, Government of West Bengal. The award consisted of a trophy and a sum of one lakh rupees.
- A NCC teacher received the Best Associate NCC Officer (ANO) Award from the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh. The award consisted of a medal, a certificate and 50,000 rupees.
- Four students were honoured with the “Swami Atmananda Meritorious Student Protsahan Yojana” award by the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh.
- Chhattisgarh Postal Department brought out a special cover reflecting the work and activities of the Ashrama.
- Received Sera Vidyalaya Award from the Government of West Bengal.
- A class-10 student who took part in Horizon 2100, an international online competition on scientific works conducted by the Center for Modeling the Future, Moscow, Russia, was awarded a diploma for designing a tiny rocket.
- Three students secured the top three positions in the Governor’s Cup and Medal in an essay-writing competition.
RKMVERI (deemed university):
- An Assistant Professor of Faculty of Disability Management and Special Education, a faculty of RKMVERI at Coimbatore Vidyalaya, received the state-level Best Teacher Award for teaching students with visual impairment.
- A second-year B.Sc (Physical Education) student of the Coimbatore off-campus centre won the gold medal in the Individual category in the age group of 18-20 years in the 3rd State Level Silambam Competition organized by Yudha Varma Silambam Porkalai Academy, Chennai.
- The Head of the Department of Computer Science (Coimbatore off-campus) received a Certificate of Appreciation from AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy for successfully conducting an online faculty development programme.
- A 4th year Integrated M.A (Sanskrit) student (Belur Main campus), bagged the first prize in Samskrutotsava 2021 Essay Writing Contest organized by Sri Ramanuja Vidyalaya, Chennai and in Sanskrit Week Competition organized by Shri Raghunath Kirti Campus, Central Sanskrit University, Devprayag, Uttrakhand.
- An Associate Professor, Department of Physics (Belur Main campus), was awarded Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced Researchers, 2021-2024.
Saradapitha, Belur: The Head of the Department of Industrial Chemistry and Applied Chemistry in the Vidyamandira College was awarded the Dr. R L Thakur Memorial Award by the Indian Ceramic Society, Kolkata. He was also selected for the Young Scientist Award by the National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI).
Vrindaban: The molecular laboratory of the hospital received a certificate of accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- Seven students of Narendrapur Vidyalaya and a student of Deoghar Vidyapith won Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Fellowship, 2019.
- Four of our arts & science degree colleges secured good positions in the ranking list for the year 2020 announced by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Education, Government of India: the college under Saradapitha centre – 7th rank, under Rahara centre – 11th rank, under Narendrapur centre – 20th rank, and under Coimbatore Mission centre – 65th rank.
The following achievements of our students, staff and institutions of the Ramakrishna Math in the year under review are worth mentioning:
- The School Education Department, Government of Tamil Nadu, presented the Best School Award to the primary school of Chennai Math on 12 January.
- Quick Base, a company based in the USA, awarded the first prize to Chennai Math for its software-based project WeMindYou, which aims to promote the emotional well-being of children and adolescents with the help of facial recognition technology and EEG.
A student of Kalady centre secured full marks in Computer Science Group in the 12th standard examination conducted by the Kerala State Board.
A student of the Mysuru Vidyashala received Mysuru NCC Group best cadet award.